- micro-ROS is now Associate Member of the Zephyr Project
- A brand new discovery mechanism in micro-ROS
- micro-ROS and FIWARE - Enabling Robotics Systems on Microcontrollers
- Micro XRCE-DDS Agent now on snap!
- micro-ROS is now on the FreeRTOS blog!
- 2nd ROS 2 Embedded Working Group
- Memory Profiling of Micro XRCE-DDS
- micro-ROS porting to ESP32
- micro-ROS Foxy Release
- The ROS 2 Embedded Working Group is back
- All posts ...
Paper and Industrial Pitch at ECRTS '19
Jul 10, 2019 ralph-lange
ECRTS (Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems) is one of the most important scientific conferences of the real-time community. This year’s edition was held from 9 to 12 July in Stuttgart, Germany.
Paper on a Response-Time Analysis of ROS 2
Tobias Blass, PhD student at Bosch Research and supervised by Björn B. Brandenburg of the Real-Time Systems Group of the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, presented the paper
Daniel Casini, Tobias Blass, Ingo Lütkebohle, and Björn B. Brandenburg: “Response-Time Analysis of ROS 2 Processing Chains Under Reservation-Based Scheduling”. Proc. of ECRTS ‘19. Stuttgart, Germany. July 2019.
which is available at http://drops.dagstuhl.de/opus/volltexte/2019/10743/. One of the major contribution is a formal scheduling model of the ROS 2 rclcpp Executor. The results of this research have been also discussed in the new ROS 2 Real-Time Working Group and they are an important input for the work on an rcl-level Executor in micro-ROS.
Industrial Pitch on Real-Time Execution Mechanisms
Ralph Lange from Bosch Research motivated the need for practical and easy-to-use real-time execution mechanisms for ROS in the industrial pitch session and the subsequent poster session. As a matter of course, on the poster, he also present the micro-ROS project and the plans for an rcl-level Executor with LET semantics.Share on: