- micro-ROS is a special guest @ BOSCH research blog!
- micro-ROS @ ROS-Industrial Conference 2020!
- micro-ROS Agent on snap!
- New demo - micro-ROS enabling smart warehouse duties
- Roadmap for ROS 2 Galactic
- micro-ROS lands on Arduino
- New demo - ROS 2 to micro-ROS TCP tunneling via Integration Service
- micro-ROS goes AIoT!
- New support for graphs
- micro-ROS @ ROS World 2020!
- All posts ...
micro-ROS lands on Arduino
Nov 24, 2020 francesca-finocchiaro
As in the last months more and more users have been manifesting an intrest in having micro-ROS on Arduino, we have been working in order to make this integration come to life.
Arduino is an IDE designed to fit into extremely resource-constrained devices, offering an easy-to-use framework for programming MCUs among which, especially, a vast suite of development boards carrying the Arduino brand.
Based on this and on our recent release of a straight-to-the-point micro-ROS standalone library, which was already successfully integrated with the ESP-IDF and Zephyr build system, we were able to give support to the Arduino IDE.
At present, it has already been ported it to several boards, namely: the the OpenCR 1.0, the Teensy 3.2 and 4.0/4.1, the Arduino Zero and the Arduino Due.
This new integration is especially interesting in that it paves the way for a bare-metal support for micro-ROS.
Find the dedicated repo at this link.Share on: